Grace Soh Hui En
SENIOR Legal Associate
Area of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Commercial Law
- Private Client
- Wills, Probate and Estate Planning
Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore, February 2017
LL.B (Hons), The University of Sheffield, UK
Grace has a good range of both broad-based and in-depth experience in Corporate and Commercial legal practice, specialising in cross-border merger and acquisition, private equity, venture capital investments and related transactions, tender and project agreements, shareholder matters, compliance and general corporate advisory.
In addition, Grace handles private client matters as well as wills, probate and estate planning matters, including disputes over administration of estates and Mental Capacity Act applications.
Grace’s previous experience includes Civil Litigation with a focus on Insurance Litigation, predominantly acting for insurance companies, Property & Real Estate with a focus on large-scale collective sales, and Family & Matrimonial cases.
Effectively bilingual in written and spoken English and Mandarin, Grace regularly handles matters involving Mandarin-speaking clients and/or Chinese parties with ease. Grace is also proficient in written Malay.
- Advised on and acted in a cross-border acquisition by an Australian company of a Singapore company holding a Major Payment Institution Licence for Cross-Border Money Transfer Services with multiple branches, drafting all necessary documentation and successfully completing the deal in around 5 months.
- Advised on and acted in an eight-figure deal involving the acquisition of an aircraft hangar, including drafting and negotiating the sale and purchase documents and supporting clients in their liaising with the relevant statutory authorities as well as in handling various challenges along the way.
- Advised on and drafted agreement documents governing joint acquisition and shared use of a private aircraft between multiple local and offshore entities.
- Advised on and drafted documents for sale and purchase of shares in a Singapore company as part of an internal restructuring exercise in preparation for an initial public offering of an affiliated company in China.
Project Advisory and Documentation
- Advised and represented a company in the local robotics and automation industry in its flagship projects for the supply of cargo-carrying automated vehicles. Actively supported clients throughout the project lifecycle – from advising on and preparing tender documents, to reviewing and negotiating with the client’s customer on terms of the contract, to advising clients on identifying and mitigating project risks and resolving contractual issues in the execution of the project.
- Advised and represented a Singapore company in a project for the design, supply, assembly and installation of an automated parcel sortation system for one of the largest e-commerce operators in South-East Asia, including drafting and negotiating the supply/service contract.
- Advised on and drafted agreements for international oil refining and renewable energy projects; advised on actual and threatened contractual breaches arising from volatile market forces.
Venture capital / investment
- Advised a Chinese manufacturing company on its plans to invest and expand its business in South-East Asia.
- Advised on, structured and drafted agreements for multi-party investment projects.
Company and Shareholders disputes
- Advised and acted for a minority shareholder in a group of legacy family-run companies on long-standing disputes amongst the shareholders as well as an action for minority oppression.
- Advised shareholder-directors in another family-run company on navigating disputes and contention amongst the directors and shareholders, including the handling of various claims filed against the company.
Commercial / Civil Litigation
- Advised and acted for a Singapore company embroiled in a cross-border dispute with a foreign party over misrepresentations made to the client in its acquisition of a foreign company, successfully resolving the dispute through mediation and reversing the client’s acquisition of the foreign company.
- Advised and represented the defendant company in a winding up application against it and in engaging in settlement negotiation with the financial institution creditor.
- Advised on and assisted in incorporation and setting up of non-profit organisation in the financial education sphere as well as its application for registration of charity status.
Wills, Probate and Estate Planning
- Assisted in the administration of an estate worth over SGD 50 million.
- Advised on, structured and drafted various types of living trusts and testamentary trusts.
- Advised on and successfully obtained Letters of Administration of the estate of a foreign expatriate who had passed away suddenly while working in Singapore, and assisted the administrators of the estate who were overseas to handle the closing of bank accounts and other related matters.
- Conducted a trial for annulment of marriage as lead/sole Counsel and was commended by the Court for doing “a very thorough job” and preparing “one of the more researched and helpful submissions tendered to Court”.