Cheng Tim Jin
Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountant
Areas of Practice
As a previous associate director at Yeo-Leong & Peh LLC, Vice-President (Head of Legal) of Indika Group, Indonesia, Legal Associate at Chang See Hiang & Partners, Legal Associate at Assomull & Partners, TJ has vast, in-depth experience in corporate, commercial legal practice specialising in initial public offerings, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, fund management and establishment of funds, venture capital investments and related transactions, co-ordinating sale and purchase of shares and businesses amongst other things.
TJ’s forte lies in structuring complex and major commercial transactions in a tax-friendly and effective manner. In 2007, TJ was involved in a US$250 million bond issue which was awarded the “Deal of the Year” by FinanceAsia, for “showing considerable structuring effort and innovation.”
- Advised on aircraft purchase and financing transactions
- Advised on the mortgage of property in Singapore for a A$55,000,000 construction facility in Australia.
- Advised on a S$26,100,000 construction loan facility for the development of hotel on Sentosa Island.
- Advised, negotiated and closed a S$148,000,000 loan facility for the acquisition of 180 units of condominiums.
- Advised and closed in US$250,000,000 international bond offering.
- Advised on a US$57,000,000 project financing for 25,000 hectares of new oil palm plantation.
- Procured, arranged, negotiated and advised US$28,000,000 term loan facility from DBS Bank.
- Structured, negotiated, advised and closed an acquisition of 41% interests in PT Kideco Jaya Aung (one of the largest coal mining companies in Indonesia) for cash consideration of US$140 million in August 2004 and the acquisition of 5% interests in PT Kideco Jaya Agung and its other related companies for consideration of US$28 million in December 2006.
- Negotiated, advised and closed the acquisition of the “Wendy’s Restaurants“, “Hartz Chicken” and “Café Dedaunan” franchises in Indonesia.
- Negotiated and advised on the divestment of the largest Indonesian polyethylene producer for consideration of US$78 million.
- Negotiated, advised and closed a US$22 million Hong Kong joint venture (Politech Holdings Limited) between a Singapore company and a Cayman company in January 2005.
- Drafted, negotiated, advised and closed an Indonesian joint venture (PT CoTrans Asia) between an Indonesian Company and a Korean company in December 2004.
- Structured, negotiated, advised and closed US$140 million term loan facility provided by Korean financial institutions in August 2004. Such facility was awarded the South Korea Loan of the year by IFR Asia.
- Advising and coordinating a US$ billion dollar joint venture for construction of mine-mouth power plant (4 x 600 MW) in South Sumatra, which involve Indonesian and China State-owned companies.
- Advised and coordinated US$570 million project financing for a (1 x 660 MW) power plant in Indonesia from banks of Japan and Korea.